How we are regulated
At Hft, high quality and safety standards that focus on meeting the needs of the people we support are paramount.
The social care we provide to people with learning disabilities is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
Watch the CQC's 'About us' video: -
In line with this, we meet a strict set of standards, which relate to:
- Involving people in decisions about their care, and ensuring they have the right information
- Ensuring people are respected
- Providing personalised care, treatment and support which meets people’s needs
- Ensuring people are safe
- Ensuring the right staff are providing support
- Ensuring services are good quality and are managed and monitored effectively
- Ensuring the right people are managing services
We meet these standards by:
- Employing staff with the right skills and qualities, who have undergone the appropriate checks
- Where possible, involving the people we support in finding the right staff for them
- Ensuring staff are fully trained to support people safely and effectively
- Supporting staff to work effectively with the people using our services, their families and health professionals
- Providing staff with a detailed quality and safety standards they need to adhere to
- Having effective quality and safety monitoring and checking processes in place
- Working with the people we support to develop personalised support plans that meet their individual needs
- Holding regular local and national meetings including the people we support to keep them up to date with what’s happening in Hft, and to involve them in deciding how we're run and how services are delivered
- Using personalised technology where appropriate to increase independence and provide services as cost effectively as possible
For detailed information on CQC standards, including easy read versions, visit the CQC website.
CQC registration details
Hft is registered with the CQC as HF Trust Limited, 5-6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL.