Hft provides high-quality support that meets the individual needs of learning disabled people. We’re regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and strive to meet and exceed the fundamental standards of quality and safety that they set and rate us against.
Watch the CQC’s ‘Who we are and what we do’ video
In line with this, we meet a strict set of standards, which relate to:
- Involving you in decisions about your care, and ensuring you have the right information
- Ensuring you are treated with dignity and respect
- Providing personalised care, treatment and support which meets your needs
- Ensuring you are safe
- Ensuring the right staff are providing support
- Ensuring services are good quality and are managed and monitored effectively
- Ensuring the right people are managing services
We meet these standards by:
- Employing staff with the right skills and qualities, who have undergone the appropriate checks
- Where possible, involving you, the people we support, in finding the right staff for you
- Ensuring staff are trained to support you safely and effectively
- Supporting staff to work effectively with you when using our services, as well as your families and health professionals
- Providing staff with detailed Operational Standards they need to adhere to
- Having effective quality and safety monitoring and checking processes are in place
- Working with you to develop personalised support plans that meet your individual needs
- Holding regular local and national meetings with our Voices to be Heard groups to not only ensure you are kept up to date with what’s happening in Hft, but also that you’re involved in deciding how we’re run and how our services are delivered
- Using personalised technology where appropriate, to increase independence and provide services as cost effectively as possible.
For detailed information on CQC standards, including easy read versions, visit the CQC website.
CQC registration details
Hft is registered with the CQC as HF Trust Limited, 5-6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL.
We are registered to provide the following regulated activities: –
- Personal care
- Accommodation for persons who require personal care
Provided below are links to inspection reports for Hft’s registered services that have been rated under the CQC’s inspection regime: –