Hft provides high quality support that meets the individual needs of people with learning disabilities. We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and strive to meet and exceed the fundamental standards of quality and safety that they set and rate us against.
Watch the CQC’s ‘Who we are and what we do’ video
In line with this, we meet a strict set of standards, which relate to:
- Involving people in decisions about their care, and ensuring they have the right information
- Ensuring people are treated with dignity and respect
- Providing personalised care, treatment and support which meets people’s needs
- Ensuring people are safe
- Ensuring the right staff are providing support
- Ensuring services are good quality and are managed and monitored effectively
- Ensuring the right people are managing services
We meet these standards by:
- Employing staff with the right skills and qualities, who have undergone the appropriate checks
- Where possible, involving the people we support in finding the right staff for them
- Ensuring staff are trained to support people safely and effectively
- Supporting staff to work effectively with the people using our services, their families and health professionals
- Providing staff with detailed Operational Standards they need to adhere to
- Having effective quality and safety monitoring and checking processes in place
- Working with the people we support to develop personalised support plans that meet their individual needs
- Holding regular local and national meetings with our Voices to be Heard groups, to not only ensure that the people we support are kept up to date with what’s happening in Hft, but also that they are involved in deciding how we’re run and how our services are delivered
- Using personalised technology where appropriate to increase independence and provide services as cost effectively as possible.
For detailed information on CQC standards, including easy read versions, visit the CQC website.
CQC registration details
Hft is registered with the CQC as HF Trust Limited, 5-6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL.
We are registered to provide the following regulated activities: –
- Personal care
- Accommodation for persons who require personal care
Provided below are links to inspection reports for Hft’s registered services that have been rated under the CQC’s inspection regime: –