Gifts in Wills
Make a change, change a future
Providing for your family and friends is the most important thing to consider when writing a Will. However, once they have been considered you may wish to leave a gift to support our work. There are a number of ways you can remember Hft in your Will:
- A residuary legacy or percentage of your estate is the most helpful gift. It is the remainder of your estate after gifts, taxes and expenses, and has the added benefit of keeping pace with inflation.
- A gift of a fixed sum of money is referred to as a pecuniary legacy. This can be of any size you wish.
- You may choose to leave a particular named item known as a specific legacy, for example, a piece of jewellery.
The following information will need to be included in your Will when leaving a gift to Hft:
- Registered charity name: HF Trust Ltd
- Registered charity number: 313069
- Registered Address: 5/6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol BS16 7FL
We fully appreciate that many people will want to leave a gift in their Will to directly benefit one of our services. This is entirely your decision, however it is very important that these requests are if possible stated as a preference – or as we refer to it, a wish – and not a condition/restriction of the gift.
Restrictive gifts may prevent Hft from receiving your very special gesture of support in the future if a particular service or house should cease to exist. This could mean that your gift may not be received by Hft.
Including Hft in your existing Will
You might be considering leaving us a gift by making changes to your existing Will. This could be done by simply adding a ‘codicil’ to your Will.
If you would like to amend your Will to include Hft, please let us know and we will send you one of our codicil forms.
Including a gift in your Will to Hft is really easy to do
We’d be happy to talk you through the process, or you could request a copy of our free leaflet, which will tell you everything you need to know. Please call Katie Tennyson on 0117 906 1786 or complete our enquiry form to request more information.
Please remember, you don’t have to be rich to leave a gift to us in your Will. Every gift, no matter what size, is welcome and will help to make an amazing difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities for years to come.