If you’re thinking about creating your own event or challenge for Hft you’re in the right place! There are hundreds of ways you can fundraise for Hft either by yourself, with friends or as a group. Take inspiration from some of the exciting, challenging and fun-filled ideas below.
- Get glamorous! Stage a fashion show and charge for admission. You could ask local shops to provide clothes and friends or colleagues to act as models.
- Work those brain cells by hosting a quiz night at the office or your local pub and charge entry. Ask the boss to donate a prize.
- Feeling active? Take on a challenging bike ride – Land’s End to John O’ Groats is a favourite, while rides to Paris and Barcelona growing in popularity too – and ask people to sponsor you.
- Unleash your inner connoisseur by arranging a wine tasting for friends; ask a local wine dealer or independent off-licence to provide a wine expert for the evening and either charge a fee or ask the dealer to donate a share of profits to the charity.
- Keep quiet – a 24 hour sponsored silence can be a great way of encouraging others to donate (especially if you are the chatty type!).
- Simple but effective: ask people to donate money to Hft in place of presents on special occasions like anniversaries, Christmas and birthdays.
- Do you own a vehicle that you want to sell or get rid of? Then please think about donating it to us through Giveacar! To arrange the donation of a car, visit giveacar.co.uk or call 020 7736 4242, quoting Hft as your preferred charity.
Resources and extra support
- To request fundraising resources please email email@example.com
Get in touch!
Don’t forget to let our Fundraising Team know about your event – they love to hear about the events being planned and can offer some support and guidance if you’re unsure how to get things started. You can also find out about local friends groups that raise funds for Hft across the country! You can tweet them at @HftFundraising, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call on 0117 906 1699 or use our Contact us form.
Regardless of how you choose to raise money for Hft, we’d like to thank you for your efforts. Every penny helps to make a difference.