Hft is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and we will always adhere to the ‘Code of Fundraising Practice’. The generosity of our supporters helps us to support adults with a learning disability to thrive, and we promise to treat you with respect, fairness, honesty and clarity in all our fundraising activities.
We have high standards
- We adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and we do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy.
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we respect your decision.
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it is be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We are fair and reasonable
- We always treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure lets you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Fundraising Promise or any aspect of Hft’s work then please let us know by emailing email@example.com or you can reach us Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm on 0117 906 1699.