This year we are celebrating 60 years of Hft, and to mark this anniversary we want to celebrate our amazing colleagues – and we would like to give our families and people we support the chance to show their appreciation to Hft colleagues who they think have truly gone the extra mile
So back by popular demand – this is the People’s Choice Award!
Do you know a deserving Hft colleague who really goes above and beyond to deliver amazing outcomes for you/your relative? Maybe you have seen first hand that someone has implemented fantastic improvements to help Hft grow and thrive? If you think somebody deserves a big Hft THANK YOU, then don’t delay – nominate them today and you could be the reason they get the recognition they deserve (and they could win £250 into the bargain!)
What do you need to do?
- Read the guidance and the small print below.
- Complete the nomination form at the bottom of the page, providing clear information that really highlights the difference this person or team has made and what makes this nomination stand out.
- Once they give it the go ahead submit your nomination.
- Send any queries by email to Awards@hft.org.uk.
- Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Wednesday 10 August at the latest.
Guidance – what makes a successful nomination?
Maybe they have:
- Helped you/your relative overcome a particularly difficult challenge
- Implemented a project that will help improve outcomes for you/your relative
- Gone over and above to help the people we support to achieve their goals
- Made creative use of Personalised Technology to create new opportunities for improving independence
- Helped people we support gain a voice and be heard – in Hft or in wider society
- Helped to shine a light on societal issues that impact the people we support
- Been instrumental in ensuring that we constantly review our processes and keep improving
- Negotiated new agreements that will enable Hft to grow
Tips for success:
- Keep it clear and succinct.
- Explain how the nominee has demonstrated Hft values in action.
- Clearly highlight:
- The issue
- What the nominee has done
- What happened as a result (showcase the outcomes achieved)
- Provide the detail that emphasises why this person stands out above other colleagues and therefore deserves an award.
- Before choosing a colleague to nominate, ask yourself if the person has gone over and above, or if the achievement was part of their normal job description.