Note: The application date for this job has now passed.
Hft Cheshire & Merseyside
Relief Support Worker
Casual / Flexi
£7.50 - £6.74 per hour (plus 12.07% payment in lieu of holidays)
For further information please contact:
Annabelle Phoenix on 0151 3557703
Relief Support Worker
Location – Cheshire and Merseyside
Salary – £7.50 per hour aged 21 and over or £6.74 per hour between the ages of 18-20 (plus an extra 12.07% payment for holidays)
Hours – Various flexible hours available
Hft are looking for Relief Support Workers to join a growing and evolving service that provides support to adults with learning disabilities in a day services setting. You’ll provide the support they need to enjoy regular day-to-day life – assisting them with everything from cooking, cleaning and shopping. It really is an interesting, rewarding job and very different to the usual nine to five – and no specific experience or qualifications are required.
Hft offers full training and lots of career development potential, plus rewards including a contributory pension.
Flexibility to work shifts and weekends required.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
Job Description – Relief Worker
As a Worker for Hft you will be requested to cover shifts on an ad hoc basis. You are not an employee of Hft and remain a ‘Worker’ for the duration of each individual contract you undertake for Hft. Whilst carrying out work for Hft you are expected to comply with the following duties at all times.
You will report to the Operational Manager, Service Manager, Senior Support Worker or Senior Supported Living Worker and they will inform you of your specific areas of work and responsibilities.
One to one meetings
You will be invited to attend one-on-one meetings with the Operation Manager, Service Manager, Senior Support Worker or Senior Supported Living Worker. You may also be invited to join a group meeting with the staff team.
Purpose of the Job
To work within Hft’s Vision and Mission, values, Worker Guidelines and Relief Workers’ Handbook, to assist in the creation of an environment in which all individuals receive the highest possible standards of support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You must carry out all duties and responsibilities to the appropriate statutory requirements and internal guidelines
Support for Individuals
You will need to:
1. Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
2. Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create surroundings in which the individual feels secure
3. Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
4. Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
5. Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management as required, eg paying bills, claiming benefits, purchasing clothes, presents etc
6. Support individuals with their household work
7. Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and wishes
8. Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when required
9. Act as secondary person when accompanying individuals on holiday, when required
10. Understand the principals and systems of communication between individuals and their parents, relatives and friends
11. Start, reply and maintain contact with other professionals or agencies
12. Complete all records and carry out appropriate general administration duties as required
13. Know and work within relevant legislation, eg Health and Safety at Work Act
14. Prepare for and participate in one-to-to meetings, review meetings and other meetings you may be invited to
15. Have a duty to adhere to the Relief Workers’ Handbook, Hft’s Information and Guidance for Relief Workers document, Health and Safety policies, standards and guidelines at all times
16. Undertake all training as required
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all information about individuals at all times
18. Undertake such other duties as appropriate.
Person Specification – Relief Worker
As a Relief Worker for Hft you will be requested to cover shifts on an ad hoc basis. You are not an employee of Hft and remain a ‘Worker’ for the duration of each individual contract you undertake for Hft. Hft will give you an induction, support and training in the role of Relief Worker, but listed below are some key qualities that you should already have.
What you need to be a Relief Worker:
Nice to Have’s: