Note: The application date for this job has now passed.
£9.00 per hour
For further information please contact:
Vanessa on 01453 820940
Hours – 22.5 hours per week (ideally over 3 days but can be flexible)
Join us and help change lives
With experience of working in administration, you will need the ability to prioritise a busy work schedule and meet set deadlines. Effective communication skills are essential to deal with incoming telephone calls, personal callers, and the varied queries that arise.
You will be involved in a wide range of administrative tasks which require excellent organisational ability and numeracy skills. The role involves regular use of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases, so IT skills are essential. There will be a need to travel between offices in the Stroud area.
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
RESPONSIBILITY TO: Service Administrator
SUPERVISION: Service Administrator
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide administration functions and support within the Hft Statement of Purpose, CORE values and policy guidelines. Provide generic/core administrative support along with agreed specifically allocated function/tasks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the administration of the service through provision of generic administrative functions and delegated/allocated tasks, particularly including HR tasks.
2. Undertake allocated functions and tasks efficiently and reporting accordingly.
3. Participate in the administration team meetings as required and other relevant meetings and discussions.
4. Acquire and receive information concerning administrative functions of others and share in delegated or re-allocated tasks as appropriate.
5. Taking minutes of meetings and writing up accordingly, as required.
6. Maintain confidentiality of information.
7. Prepare for and participate in the coaching and supervision process within Hft.
8. Participate in identifying personal training needs.
9. Respond to and maintain contact with other Hft staff and other professionals.
10. Undertake learning opportunities relevant to the post.
11. The post holder will be required to travel between locations, such as the Services and areas in the community.
12. Adhere to Hft’s Health and Safety policies, standards and guidelines at all times.
13. Cover for colleagues in their absence.
14. Undertake such duties as appropriate to your responsibilities, grade and ability.
15. To change work tasks and use of systems in line with service changes as directed by the Administrator.
1. Inputting of data into the Staff Management System, including relevant running of reports for the Administrator, or the needs of the Service.
2. Administration of personnel records, including dealing with private and confidential information.
3. Generating advertisements for Service vacancies.
4. Liaising with Line Managers re vacant posts for the data required to support the recruitment process.
5. Up-keep of relevant reports and data as required, using the systems provided.8. Monitoring staff rotas and vacancy information, providing the reports required by the Service.9. Checking and maintaining copies of employee’s driving licences, insurance and other documents in line with Hft’s current policies and procedures.
6. Recording and monitoring staff training and e-learning.
7. Establishing and monitoring the allocation of training and meeting rooms and required resources.
8. Assisting with the administration of petty cash, data entry reports and relevant monitoring when required.
9. Provision of financial reporting data and accounting information as requested.
10. Assisting with stock control, ordering and distribution of resources and invoicing issues.
11. Undertake reprographic activities as required.
12. Acting as point of contact for Service enquiries, recording information and alerting Service Managers and responding as required.
13. Provide marketing information to prospective clients and maintain data as required.
14. Other functions/tasks as delegated or requested by the Administrator.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AN ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT:
1. GCSE Mathematics and English, at grade C or above, or equivalent.
2. The ability to take on and deliver a range of administrative tasks.
3. The ability to use Microsoft Office, or other similar software, efficiently, including working knowledge of Excel.
4. Experience of working in an office environment.
5. Experience of maintaining an orderly filing system, paper based, or electronic, or both.
6. Experience of handing confidential data relating to individuals.
7. Experience of, or demonstrable understanding of, Human Resources related tasks, such as recruitment or monitoring sickness.
8. The ability to work as part of a small team and to work alone.
9. The ability to manage your own workload and to meet deadlines.
10. Experience of communicating with a wide range of internal and external customers.
11. A polite telephone manner with the ability to take and pass on messages in a professional and timely way.
12. The ability to maintain quality and to meet high standards in all areas of administrative tasks undertaken.
13. The ability and willingness to undertake training.
14. The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
15. The ability to liaise with the People we Support, staff, families, members of the public and professionals.
16. The ability to work within relevant legislation, including Health and Safety and Employment legislation.
17. The ability to travel between sites/locations, in own car.
1. A European Computer Driving Licence, or equivalent.
2. Experience of establishing and maintaining staff rotas.
3. Experience of administering training and e-learning data.
4. Stock control for administration/supplies.
5. Experience of cash handling and financial administration