Note: The application date for this job has now passed.
Hft Shropshire & Staffordshire
Senior Support Managers
c. £38k per anuum, plus benefits
For further information please contact:
Gemma Escritt on 01858 463441 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours – Full-time 37.5 per week
Salary – c. £38K pa
Join us and help us change lives.
Everything we do focuses on helping the people we support to live the life they choose, by working in partnership with them, and those that know them well, we create flexible services that meet their needs, whether they need a lot, or just occasional support.
If you are looking to make your next career move then we have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Regional Manager, based at our Telford centre
Reporting to the Divisional Director, you will be part of the Senior Management team. Your responsibilities will include the management and development of services within the Shropshire region, raising the profile and working standards to ensure that Hft is the leading provider of learning disability services. You will become a champion of our support model, Fusion, and ensure the model is used to optimum effect for the delivery of high quality, personalised services. Our service office at Telford is changing to reflect the needs of the people we support. We need a manager capable of working with others in leading that change.
You will need to be an experienced leader with a successful track record in change management, with well-developed negotiation skills for working with the Local Authority and other external agencies. Plus you must be able to manage significant budgets in a tight financial climate. Great communication skills are a pre request, but we also need someone who can inspire others to deliver the changes we need. You’ll have scope to use your own initiative, and we’ll also want you to contribute to the working of the wider Divisional Management Team.
A full UK driving licence is essential to this role and you must be Qualified to a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent. You’ll also need to have up to date knowledge of the learning disability sector.
Join us and help us change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service
RESPONSIBILITY FOR: Shropshire
RESPONSIBLE TO: Divisional Director
LINE MANAGER FOR: Operations Managers, Registered Cluster Managers and Service Administrator.
To support the Divisional Director and Senior Regional Manager in the day to day management and development of services within the Region. To ensure that the Hft strategy is embedded and implemented developing excellent services and growing new business with measurable outcomes for the people we support.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be carried out within the appropriate statutory, Hft and local guidelines:
1. To manage and develop an excellent Region which delivers high quality services where staff receive consistent training and use Hft systems and process to allow them to support everyone to achieve great outcomes whatever their level of disability..
2. To be a member of the Divisional Management Team, contributing to all aspects of development and efficient and effective management of the Division..
3. To assist with line management responsibilities of Registered Cluster Managers (and Operational Managers) within the Region..
4. To be flexible and responsive to the needs of the Region..
5. To lead, motivate and coach Regional teams.
6. To ensure positive and effective communication across the Region and maintain a close working relationship with the Divisional Director, Senior Regional Manager(s) and Management Team..
7. To deliver the Fusion Model of Support – to ensure that everyone supported in the region(s) is supported through the Fusion model, where every person we support is at the centre of the service they receive.
8. To assist the Divisional Director and Senior Regional Manager(s) in developing a caring performance culture within the Region/ Division by encouraging Managers to use data, analysis and insight to empower decision making and optimise performance..
9. To ensure Regional development / growth initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with the organisation’s strategic objectives..
10. To create innovate solutions within the current financial climate so that the Region will deliver greater independence, wellbeing and improved health for the people we support..
11. To develop strong links with Central Support Services to ensure the Region remains fully compliant and delivers great outcomes for the people we support..
12. To participate in budget setting.
13. To manage the regional budget effectively and to be responsible for authorising expenditure and liaising closely with the Finance Department to ensure the service is delivered within budget..
14. To lead, coach and motivate Registered Cluster Managers (and Operations Managers) within the region in order to encourage, maintain and develop excellent employee relations and communication with all staff, by ensuring good practice and work within Hft policies and procedures (e.g. within the HR handbooks).
15. To support and encourage the Partnership Forum and actively participate in partnership working with Partnership forum representatives within the Region.
16. To undertake lead roles as agreed by the Divisional Director, Senior Regional Manager and Executive Director of Operations and Development..
17. To build strong relationships with Local Authorities, Health Authorities, Voluntary Organisations and other bodies within your Region..
18. To undertake any other duties or responsibilities commensurate with the post.
All criteria are essential unless otherwise stated.
Education & Qualifications
This person specification will be reviewed as required.
Dated: April 2018