Note: The application date for this job has now passed.
Casual / Flexi
£8.91 - 10.29 per hour (including 12.07% payment in lieu of holidays)
Relief Personal Assistant
Location: Surrey – Kingston & Sutton
Salary: For supporting – £9.18 (plus 12.07% payment in lieu of holiday £10.29)
For non-contact i.e. shadowing, training etc. – £7.95 (plus 12.07% payment in lieu of holiday £8.91)
We are looking for enthusiastic and capable people to join the team working in our Surrey Service. You will be responsible for facilitating a spectrum of learning, community and employment activities; therefore interest or skills in areas such as ICT, Sports, Cookery and the Arts would be beneficial. You could also be responsible for supporting people on a 1:1 basis within these activities or independently within the community.
Experience working in learning disability services and previous involvement in planning and facilitating activities is desirable. We would also welcome people who have experience in supporting people with complex and challenging needs.
You will need good verbal and written communication skills and to be competent using IT for communication, recording and training purposes. The successful candidate will be expected to work confidently on their own initiative and also as part of a team.
Personal qualities are as important as qualifications, however the successful candidate will either already have or will be prepared to undertake NVQ Level 2 or equivalent and be able to drive for the purpose of work.
A full UK/EU driving licence and willingness to drive Hft vehicles, as and when required.
This is an ongoing recruitment campaign and interviews will take place on a regular basis.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
As a Worker for Hft you will be requested to cover shifts on an ad hoc
basis. You are not an employee of Hft and remain a ‘Worker’ for the
duration of each individual contract you undertake for Hft. Whilst carrying
out work for Hft you are expected to comply with the following duties at all
You will report to the Operational Manager, Service Manager, Senior Support Worker or
Senior Supported Living Worker and they will inform you of your specific areas of work
One to one meetings
You will be invited to attend one-on-one meetings with the Operation Manager, Service
Manager, Senior Support Worker or Senior Supported Living Worker. You may also be
invited to join a group meeting with the staff team.
Purpose of the Job
To work within Hft’s Vision and Mission, values, Worker Guidelines and Relief Workers’
Handbook, to assist in the creation of an environment in which all individuals receive the
highest possible standards of support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You must carry out all duties and responsibilities to the appropriate statutory requirements
and internal guidelines
Support for Individuals
You will need to:
1. Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
2. Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create
surroundings in which the individual feels secure
3. Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This
will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
4. Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and
when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
5. Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management
as required, eg paying bills, claiming benefits, purchasing clothes, presents etc
6. Support individuals with their household work
7. Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect
and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and
8. Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when
9. Act as secondary person when accompanying individuals on holiday, when
10. Understand the principals and systems of communication between individuals
and their parents, relatives and friends
11. Start, reply and maintain contact with other professionals or agencies
12. Complete all records and carry out appropriate general administration duties as
13. Know and work within relevant legislation, eg Health and Safety at Work Act
14. Prepare for and participate in one-to-to meetings, review meetings and other
meetings you may be invited to
15. Have a duty to adhere to the Relief Workers’ Handbook, Hft’s Information and
Guidance for Relief Workers document, Health and Safety policies, standards
and guidelines at all times
16. Undertake all training as required
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all information about individuals at all times
18. Undertake such other duties as appropriate.
As a Relief Worker for Hft you will be requested to cover shifts on an ad
hoc basis. You are not an employee of Hft and remain a ‘Worker’ for the
duration of each individual contract you undertake for Hft. Hft will give
you an induction, support and training in the role of Relief Worker, but
listed below are some key qualities that you should already have.
What you need to be a Relief Worker:
Nice to Have’s: