Hft | Careers | Training & Qualifications

Qualifications and Training

How can I become a Support Worker?  What training will I need? What qualifications are available?

You don’t need any specific qualifications to start work for us as a Support Worker, but there are several training options available that will help you progress in your career in social care.

For new recruits, we use the Government-approved Adult Care Apprenticeships to ensure you get trained up and qualified, while you work as a Support Worker at the same rate of pay as your colleagues. It’s a great way of getting on-the-job training while being paid too.

Working towards a vocational qualification such as the Diploma in Health and Social Care at Level 2 or 3 is a great way of building your professional development and gaining the skills needed to deliver excellent support.

Find out more about all of the options available if you want to start a new career in support work, or build on your existing training to further develop your social care career…

  • Apprenticeships

    Paid Support Worker Apprenticeships with Hft are a great way of getting on-the-job training while working towards a formal qualification and earning a wage.
  • Vocational Qualifications

    Holding a Diploma in Health and Social Care at level 2 or 3 or planning to attain one is a positive for anyone looking to pursue a career in social care.
  • Degrees

    Undergraduate and post-graduate degree courses in Health and Social Care are available at providers across the country.
  • Useful Resources

    Useful sources for guidance, resources, advice and information related to furthering your career in adult social care.