Working at Hft
At Hft we’ve been providing person-centred support for learning disabled adults since the early 1960s. Our commitment goes beyond being a high quality support provider. We work in partnership with the people we support, their families and carers, and health professionals to develop effective services that will help people live the life they choose.
Our staff are central to this. We work hard to ensure they consider themselves partners too, and are treated fairly and with respect throughout their careers with Hft. The value we place on our staff is reflected in the Investors in People Gold accreditation we hold – an internationally recognised sign of a great employer and an outstanding place to work.
Diversity, Equal Opportunities and Inclusion
We’re committed to promoting diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the community and valuing what everyone contributes. We treat people equally and without discrimination of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, beliefs, culture, chosen lifestyle, disability, or for any other reason. This approach applies to the people we support, their families, Hft staff, and others with whom we have contact. We recognise that sharing different perspectives, ideas and approaches leads to better decisions and a stronger, more representative organisation.
Our employee handbook spells out our five aims for ensuring we actively promote equality and diversity in our workplace: –
- We will actively develop services that reflect and meet the diverse needs of the society in which we live.
- We are committed to promoting equality and social inclusion throughout Hft. This is consistent with our vision, mission and values, and with our strategic plan, as endorsed by the Trustees.
- We will further develop our networks and partnerships to achieve this.
- We will extend and adapt the way we work to enable greater access by members of ethnic minority communities.
- We will direct our approaches to the recruitment and management of staff to reflect the communities in which we deliver services.
Being inclusive in our approach helps us create an environment in which a diverse range of people can enjoy working together effectively.
Download a copy of our Diversity and Equality policy
This approach is also reflected in our commitment to the Government’s Disability Confident scheme, which demonstrates our willingness to go the extra mile to make sure disabled people get a fair chance at joining our team.