People with a learning disability may find everyday activities difficult. But like all of us, with the right support they can frequently achieve more than they ever expected.
Different people have different requirements and preferences, but we always tailor our support so that each person can live the best life possible.
Some of the areas where we support people to live more independently include:
- Getting around, whether it’s understanding a timetable or knowing where to get off the bus
- Household tasks, such as vacuuming or washing up
- Eating well, from making healthy choices to cooking safely
- Personal care, like washing, brushing teeth or deciding what to wear
- Healthcare, whether it’s taking medicine or getting to the doctor
- Social activities, making friends and engaging with the community
- Finances, like paying bills or accessing the right benefits
- Work, whether it’s through finding supported employment or volunteering in the community
- Personalised technology, which we’ll often use as a solution to help someone do the things they want to do more independently.
Find more about what our local services have on offer.