Hft Personalised Technology Training
Our training sessions open people’s minds to the outcomes that technology can help achieve for people with learning disabilities, their families, providers and funding authorities.
Personalised Technology (PT) can only have its greatest impact when it has the support of everyone. By giving people the knowledge and skills they need to make the most of PT, it can become embedded into services and become an integral part of how people are supported, helping enable people to live more independently and maximise their potential.
Our experienced and skilled PT team offer the following types of training:
Introduction to personalised technology elearning module – CPD Accredited – NEW
We have developed this elearning training module for our external customers; support providers, local authorities, housing providers and families. It is based on our internal elearning package that was first rolled out as mandatory training to all of Hft’s care and support staff five years ago and has now been completed by over 4,500 members of staff. The training aims to provide the learner with a general awareness of PT and is suitable for anyone who supports a vulnerable person with varying needs e.g dementia, physical disabilities, mental health and learning disabilities.
The training comprises six chapters and takes approximately one hour to complete. It includes:
- What is PT? including examples of the different types of PT available
- Why use PT? highlighting the outcomes PT can help to deliver
- Implementing PT including the key steps to consider when implementing PT into a service
- Ethical issues to consider when using PT
- Managing and maintaining the PT longer term
- What next? including a final quiz, and how to find out more and develop your learning further
The training includes a number of activities and short quizzes at the end of each chapter, video case studies and scenarios and tests learning with a final quiz at the end which provides learners with a final score.
General awareness of personalised technology
A hands-on interactive session suitable for any staff members who require a basic awareness of available technology solutions and the outcomes that can be achieved. The training also covers key issues such as ethics, the Mental Capacity Act, consent and risk assessments.
This training can be delivered face to face or remotely via MS teams.
We will work with you to develop a bespoke training package around how you can use PT to enhance services and improve outcomes for individuals in a variety of different service settings.
This training can be delivered face to face or remotely via MS Teams.
Accredited Level 2 qualification in Personalised Technology
Hft’s Personalised Technology Laser award is made up of two units;
- Gaining an Awareness of Personalised Technology
- Implementing Personalised Technology into Services.
Each unit is worth three credits at Level 2. Hft have written this qualification to provide social care staff and other interested learners with:
- an understanding of technology
- promoting a person-centred approach to identify solutions for individuals
- why and when it is appropriate to use technology, and
- how to embed technology into services ensuring that it is a key part of the service delivery and not just an added extra.
For more information and pricing, please contact:
- Emma Nichols, PT Manager: 07770 445237