Privacy & cookies
Last updated: 17 October 2017
Any personal information that you provide on this website is controlled by Hft. Hft is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner under reference Z5498583.
Hft is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 734984. Our registered office is at 5/6 Brooke Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL.
If you have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of your personal information
When you visit, register as a job applicant, or complete any forms on our website, you may be asked to provide information about yourself.
Use and storage of your personal information
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by Hft for the following purposes:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
- to communicate with you about any developments, news and changes at Hft which we think you may find interesting (using the contact information which you have provided to us)
- to process donations
- to update our records
- to analyse trends and profiles and track where you go and what you do on the website
- for audit purposes to prevent or detect fraud
- to enable our online and offline recruitment processes
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
Sharing of your personal information
Hft may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we use third parties to process credit card donations and to maintain our website.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings
Hft may need to use the services of providers who for financial or technical reasons may be sited outside of the European Economic Area. Use of data by providers on behalf of Hft is regulated and safeguarded by both international procedures and legal agreements to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. In particular, we wish to ensure that data is adequately protected in the Provider’s country of business.
If you choose to make a donation to Hft via our website, the payment will be processed immediately either by Rapidata (if you choose to make a regular donation), by JustGiving (if you choose to make a one-off donation), or by MuchLoved (if you choose to Donate in Memory).
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share the details of our donors with any third parties other than those listed above who are used for payment processing.
Donation refund policy
If you have made a donation in error please contact our Supporter Care department on 0117 906 1699 or email email@example.com and they will be happy to refund this for you.
A cookie is a piece of information held on the hard drive of your computer that records how you use a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information which can be used to improve the site and the user experience.
Hft’s website does not capture or store personal information from cookies, rather we use them for things like: –
- Finding out how many people have accessed different pages on our website.
- Recognising whether people have permission to access secure areas of our website, so that the browser doesn’t repeatedly ask people to log in every time they move between secure pages.
- Measuring what kinds of content people like, as well as that which they don’t.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics, a service which sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This helps us to ensure that we provide a service that is fast and available when you want it. Our use of Google Analytics includes use of the following types of cookies:
You can install a browser add-on from Google that allows you to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
For more information about Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics website.
In addition to Google Analytics cookies, our Content Management System (WordPress) uses the following cookies to remember user preferences in the site accessibility options: –
These cookies expire after 1 year.
We will also set cookies if you leave a comment on a blog post. These are set for convenience, so that you won’t need to re-type all of your information again when you want to leave another comment. Three cookies are set for commenters: –
Commenter cookies are set to expire a little under one year from the time they’re set.
If you do not want cookies downloaded onto your computer/device, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please be aware though, that deleting or disabling all cookies may impact on your ability to use certain parts of our website.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request.
Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer at Hft, 5/6 Brooke Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL.