At Luv2meetU, we know it can be difficult to meet new friends and get out and about.
We can support you to enjoy a range of activities from bowling and swimming, to meals out and club nights. We organise the events that our members tell us they want, so there’s always something different to try.
Luv2meetU also offer many exciting volunteering opportunities. If you’re looking to fill your spare time in a rewarding way, or build skills for your CV, why not think about volunteering for us?
Luv2meetU members currently enjoy a range of activities both online and face-to-face including:
- Theatre/cinema nights
- Ice skating, bowling and other sports
- Clubbing, music nights and parties
- Meals out and picnics
- Shopping and day trips
- One to one meetings/dates
- and more!
The safety of our members is very important to Luv2meetU. All staff and volunteers are DBS checked and fully trained. If you would like more information on our safety policy please contact us.
Statistics show that around 50% of people with learning disabilities feel isolated, and one in five say they do not have any friends, which can have serious consequences on both their mental and physical health. But up and down the country we’ve been trying to change that.
Luv2meetU brings over 400 people with learning disabilities together throughout the year, helping them make friends, be part of a community and have more choice in life.
You can help people with learning disabilities live the life they choose by making a donation today.
Staying connected during social isolation
Luv2meetU are now offering alternatives to face to face events to help stop people feeling isolated, and ensure members are active, able to learn new skills and feel part of a community.
We also aim to engage with new people that may be isolated as a result of Coronavirus.
Activities vary per area in terms of demand and may include:
- Skype group calls – to chat, catch up and also to see friends
- Zoom calls
- Conference calling using PowWowNow
- A closed Facebook group; a safe space
- Post cards/letters/pictures within our already established pen pal group
- Prompts/discussion topics for members during calls such as cooking, pets, books, films.
- Quizzes online
- Facebook discussions on various topics
- Calls from staff at agreed times where necessary
- Texts on a regular basis to members who don’t like to talk on the telephone
- Buddying members up with one another, to call and check in during the week and in the evening