What happens when I’m no longer around?
We’ve produced a film for family carers who have a relative with a learning disability, autism, or both. It addresses the key areas of planning for your relative’s future when you’re no longer around.
The film includes information that we feel is important for people to know about, through our own conversations with family carers , as well as key information from Thinking Ahead – a future planning guide written by Christine Towers from Together Matters. We hope this film provides a useful introduction to help you start planning your futures together.
Links and resources featured in the film
- http://www.togethermatters.org.uk/templates-pdf/ (Emergency Plan Template)
Other useful links and resources
- Carers UK factsheet for carers
- Thera Trust’s Safe and Secure planning guide
- Palliative Care for people with learning disabilities (PCPLD) network
- Oxfordshire Family Support Network (OxFSN) Peace of Mind film for family carers
The Care Act 2014
The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 Code of Practice
- Using the Mental Capacity Act guide and videos
- Overview of the Mental Capacity Act video
Contact the Family Carer Support Service
If you’ve watched our video but have further questions, please do call us. Our Freephone number – 0808 801 0448 – is answered Tuesday to Thursday 9am to 3:45pm. If you want to call outside of those hours, or if we’re busy with someone else when you call, please do leave us a voicemail – we’ll call you back within seven working days.